Parenthood: How my life changes everything


Romero - Mungcal Family 


       When i became a Mom to Marcus (5years old boy) and a wife to Mark, My whole life has literally changed. Since the day my son came, it was very unexplainable feeling. I was so blessed to have a little cute baby angel as God's Gift. It is the most special day of my life that i will treasure it forever. 

          Being a mother is the happiest but stressful job indeed. It helped me grow and became more mentally matured. I also became much more patient. Before my son, whenever I saw something i wanted to buy, I would definitely have it within the day. Now, we're learning the joys of taking our time, saving up and budgeting for the real important things in life. Makes you find the joy and see all the material things that run the lives of most people really mean nothing at all.

    My son is now my number one priority. I think about him all the time. My emotions, such as worries or intense joy, all revolve around my little angel. If you go shopping, for instance, you'll likely always put your baby’s needs first and won't treat yourself to stuff quite as often as you did before.

        I have changed my habits and priorities, I stopped drinking, cleaning the house like two or three times a week instead of every weekend, going out with friends who have children too cause i know they are the ones who understands you, our kids can play together and have some chitchats, going to bed early and wake up very early. Becoming a parent changes your habits a lot.Your priorities change too. You focus more on the important things. Since you have less time and energy, you won't be able to do all of the things that you used to do, but you'll make up for this by prioritizing those which matter the most and I'm really happy of with what I have and what I am now.

         I feel stronger and more confident, Having this new responsibility gave me a new found confidence in myself. I also see my body differently specially that I have a lot stretchmarks now, I tend to accept it more. I also learned to be more patient and take my time.

     On the other hand, my relationship with my partner became even stronger. Thanks to the birth of our child. Seeing our baby for the first time, witnessing all of our achievements and milestones or struggling together to provide for him, created a powerful bond between my partner and i, that nothing else can match. That's why I am very thankful to have a husband who is always there with me, my forever partner in everything.

           I also grew with more respect for my parents, Now that i have this little one in my life, I understand more about my parents, how much they loved us. I think many new moms and dads reconnect with their own parents after the birth of their baby, whether this is being a result of having to take care of their own child or just wondering what our parents had to go through for us.





           We are not to spoil and give our son everything he wants, but we're lucky to have a son who listens to what we say (Except when he is playing). At the age of 4-5years old, He actually knows how to fold his clothes, wipe the floor if there's a dirt, put his clothes on his cabinet, helps me when he sees me doing household chores since we have no maid and that there's only three of us.

Comments


Yours Truly, Angelique Rose

Name

Email *

Message *

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM